What should be the best source of information on Adult Stem Cell Technology should be the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine, being the industry advocacy organization supported by the Companies in the space and which organization is a professional lobbying group, which describes themselves as follows:
The Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM) is a Washington, DC-based multi-stakeholder advocacy organization that promotes legislative, regulatory and reimbursement initiatives necessary to facilitate access to life-giving advances in regenerative medicine.
- Serves as the voice of the global regenerative medicine community.
- Coalesces multiple, diverse stakeholders to ensure the healthcare system supports ready access to regenerative medicine products.
- Introduces and supports policies that pave the way for development of new regenerative medicine therapies, medical devices and diagnostics.
- Including developing and advocating for legislative, regulatory and reimbursement initiatives that support increased research and development of regenerative medicine products.
- Promotes government and private funding of R&D in regenerative medicine.
- Works with regulators including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to encourage more rapid clinical translation of regenerative medicine technologies.
- Works with private insurers and CMS to develop reimbursement models that support development of innovative regenerative medicine products.
- Provides business development and investor outreach services to support the growth of its member companies and research organizations.
- Improves communication, cooperation and public understanding of the field and its potential to transform healthcare.
- Develops public education materials to raise awareness about the value of regenerative medicine products.
- Works with the patient advocacy community to improve understating of regenerative medicine and collaborate on initiatives to advance research and development of the field.
- Creates visibility for advances in the field.
Sounds great- but.... from a news perspective this is not so much the case. An RSS feed is provided nowadays (only recently they made it work), but the number of items is limited. See the RSS feed below
Alliance for Regenerative Medicine News Feed
Aug 16, 2017 | 23:00 pm
ACF Bioservices has emerged as a leader in developing quantitative cell-based in vitro potency assays to support FDA-mandated product release requirements. These potency assays range from relatively simple protocols to more complex and elaborate designs that determine the mechanism of action of a gene therapy product. Tags: gene therapyRelated Member Profiles: ACF BioservicesCategory: BusinessRead more...
Asymmetrex’s New Patent Issued for Counting and Evaluating Therapeutic Adult Tissue Stem Cells Also Supports Company’s New Stem Cell Production ServicesAlliance for Regenerative Medicine News Feed Aug 15, 2017 | 00:00 am
The new technology uses simple total cell count data from serially passaged cell cultures to decipher, for the first time, the specific number and functions of tissue stem cells in complex preparations like experimental or treatment samples. The desired data is extracted with proprietary computer simulation software developed with partner AlphaSTAR Corporation. Tags: Stem CellsRelated Member Profiles: AsymmetrexCategory: BusinessMemberRead more...
BioLife Solutions Executes Supply Agreement with Celyad for CryoStor Use in Natural Killer Receptor based T-Cell Platform Targeting Solid Tumors and Blood CancersAlliance for Regenerative Medicine News Feed Jul 31, 2017 | 00:00 am
July 31, 2017 – (BioLife) – BioLife Solutions, Inc. announced it has executed a long term supply agreement with NASDAQ-listed Celyad, a leader in the discovery and development of CAR-T cell therapies. BioLife's CryoStor clinical grade cell freeze media is incorporated into Celyad's manufacturing process for its Natural Killer Receptor based T-Cell (NKR-T) platform. Tags: Acquisitions and PartnershipsRelated Member Profiles: BioLife Solutions, Inc.CelyadCategory: BusinessMemberRead more...
Novartis CAR-T Cell Therapy CTL019 Unanimously (10-0) Recommended for Approval by FDA Advisory Committee to Treat Pediatric, Young Adult r/r B-cell ALLAlliance for Regenerative Medicine News Feed Jul 13, 2017 | 00:00 am
July 13, 2017 – (Novartis) – "The panel's unanimous recommendation in favor of CTL019 moves us closer to potentially delivering the first-ever commercially approved CAR-T cell therapy to patients in need," said Bruno Strigini, CEO, Novartis Oncology. "We're very proud to be expanding new frontiers in cancer treatment by advancing immunocellular therapy for children and young adults with r/r B-cell ALL and other critically ill patients who have limited options. We look forward to working with the FDA as they complete their review." Tags: RegulatoryAdvancesRelated Member Profiles: NovartisCategory: AdvancesBusinessClinical TrialMemberRead more...
Alliance for Regenerative Medicine News Feed
Jul 12, 2017 | 00:00 am
July 12, 2017 – (Straits Times) – The use of stem cells to reverse liver cirrhosis - or the hardening of the liver - is being explored in a clinical trial. Conducted by a multi-centre team led by the National University Hospital (NUH), doctors aim to determine if stem cell therapy can improve liver function. Tags: Clinical TrialStem CellsCategory: Clinical TrialRead more...